FLORENCE TRIP DETAILS
- 29th – 2nd July 2024
- Duration 4 days | 3 Nights
- Location - Florence Italy
- Accommodation - Luxury
- Distance - 396 km
- Climbing 7280m
- Guests - 12
- From £3150
- Difficulty 3/5
Embark on a four-day cycling journey through the heart of Italy, from the rolling hills of Tuscany to the majestic Apennine mountains. You'll follow sections of the Tour de France route, witnessing challenging climbs and scenic landscapes. Along the way, explore the picturesque Tuscan countryside, unwind in the thermal baths of Castrocaro Terme, cheer on riders in the old town circuit of Bologna, and savor the medieval charm of Pistoia. This adventure offers a rich blend of natural beauty, cultural experiences, and cycling thrills, making it a memorable exploration of Italy's diverse terrain and traditions.
Stage 1: Florence to Castrocaro Terme (102km, 1680m climbing)
Embarking on the first leg of our journey, we'll trace the initial 75 kilometers of Stage 1 from the Tour de France (TDF). This route includes a challenging ascent from Dicomano to the Vacilo Tre Faggi summit at an elevation of 1000 meters. After reaching the 75km mark, we'll veer off the TDF path and direct our course toward the idyllic spa town of Castrocaro Terme. Along this route, you'll traverse the enchanting Tuscan countryside, featuring picturesque rolling hills, vineyards, and charming villages. Castrocaro Terme is renowned for its soothing thermal baths and historic architectural landmarks, making it the ideal place to unwind and rejuvenate after a fulfilling day of cycling.
Stage 2: Castrocaro Terme to Bologna (109km, 1610m climbing)
Leaving Castrocaro behind, our path converges with Stage 2 at Brisighella. From there, we'll faithfully follow the TDF route all the way to Bologna. In Bologna, we'll witness a unique spectacle as riders tackle three laps of the old town circuit, giving us the opportunity to cheer them on as they pass by three times.
Stage 3: Bologna to Pievepelago (114km, 2580m climbing)
On the third day of our adventure, we'll leave behind the Tour de France caravan and head towards the majestic Apennine mountain range. We'll steadily ascend to the lofty heights of the Pievepelago ski resort, traversing a breathtaking journey through the rolling hills of Emilia-Romagna.
Stage 4: Pievepelago to Pistoia (70km, 1410m climbing)
As we set out from Pievepelago, our cycling path leads us through the captivating Italian mountains, maintaining an elevation well above 1000 meters until we begin our descent towards the charming town of Pistoia. Pistoia, situated in the heart of Tuscany, is celebrated for its medieval architecture and enchanting piazzas, providing a fitting conclusion to our memorable four-day cycling expedition.
- 10% off for all 2024 trips for Rouleur Subscribers until 31st January 2024
- 5% off all 2024 trips for Rouleur Subscribers
- 3/4* hotel - night stay in a single room. We always endeavour to provide guests with a single room unless they are traveling as a couple or wish to share. In some hotels and regions it may not be possible to provide single accommodation due to hotel availability in remote regions.
- Airport transfers
- Daily breakfasts, lunch and evening dinners
- Post-ride snacks
- Full mechanical support
- Guided rides and route planning
- Vehicle support with full mechanical support and sweep.
- Baggage transfers between hotels
- Pre event training support and Q&A
- Airport transfers to and from the designated airport (within specified timings)
- Flights to and from your destination.
- Personal insurance & medical coverage.
- Spare parts or equipment for your bike – we provide the essentials such as tubes and tyres but we recommend that you bring a spare rear mech hanger with you.
- Bike hire (can be arranged)
What's Not Included:
All prices include applicable VAT and taxes. For any inquiries about the trip, please reach out to us.
£200 deposit to secure trip – (click on the signup button above)
50% (including deposit amount) 120 days before the trip.
50% Final Balance - 90 days before the trip.