Junior Financial Controller at a rapidly growing media brand
Remote currently, London thereafter
Exceptional opportunity for a qualified and commercially astute financial controller to test themselves within an exciting media company which is growing rapidly in both the UK and internationally.
Currently everyone is working remotely, however plans indicate a part time return later in the year to a London based office.
Gruppo Media is a company that is passionate about cycling from top to bottom. We publish the highly respected Rouleur magazine, stage the Rouleur Classic event and operate an e-commerce platform.
2020 was a great year - we saw significant growth and started our international expansion, launching our magazine in Italy and Spain. We will continue our expansion in 2021, expanding into new territories and broadening our offering.
We are currently privately owned and also have a sister company, Ashmei Group, which develops and sells performance sportswear.
The financial controller position is a key role, working closely with the managing director in delivering the strategy for the business and will be responsible for financial management and FP&A across the group. A hands-on role and the candidate will be as comfortable looking after the day-to-day finances and bookkeeping as they are scenario modelling and putting together information for potential investors.
Your responsibilities will include
- Establishing the finance function in-house
- Continually improving core financial processes and controls
- Cashflow forecasts, reporting and cash management
- Preparing monthly board packs and management information including group management accounts for 3 entities
- Work with department heads to build, analyse and challenge budgets
- Invoices and supplier management
- Credit control
- Developing KPIs across the business
- Statutory reporting and point of contact for audit
- Managing Payments
The type of person we are looking for:
- Have a passion and active participation in cycling
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Own the outcomes of their work
- Acknowledge failures and use them to grow
- Think big and are undaunted by the scale of the company's ambitions
- A person with the drive and dynamism to contribute to the group’s growth.
Skills and expertise:
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified with relevant PQE
- Strong analytical skills and experience with financial reporting and data analysis
- Expertise in managing cashflows and reporting
- The expertise and initiative to bring accounting processes and control in-house
- The ability to develop reporting and analytical processes to add value to a rapidly growing business
- A person who can grow into the role with the potential to become finance director
- Exposure to Xero and Shopify is advantageous however not essential
Whilst this is an amazing working environment to work in, it will also be a challenging and rewarding role. If you are looking for an opportunity where you can make a noticeable impact on a day to day basis, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty we’d love to hear from you.