Rouleur is looking for a new digital editor to lead the brand’s digital strategy and accelerate the growth of our website and other digital channels.
Rouleur has enjoyed substantial growth in digital traffic over the last 18 months, engaging in a strategic overhaul of our digital channels. We are looking for a digital editor who understands the latest developments in SEO, social media and newsletter content and can define the strategy across multiple channels to deliver the growth of the Roleur brand and increased digital revenues. Of course, we are looking for an editor who has a supreme understanding of pro cycling, but also an editor well versed in wider cycling culture and cycling tech.
As digital editor, you will be responsible for all digital content from Rouleur.cc, from website articles on Rouleur.cc to our 300k social media followers, to our digital and video content around the Rouleur Live show.
You will also help shape Rouleur’s digital development, offering input into commercial strategy, digital web development and the broad digitalisation of Rouleur’s vast collection of strong print content.
You will be based at our lovely new office in Somerset House, London WC2, with scope for home working too.
Please include CV and covering letter in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the team of staff and contributors to digital content at Rouleur
- Upholding the highest editorial standards in written digital content on Rouleur.cc
- Directing social media strategy across Rouleur’s multiple channels
- Management of Rouleur’s newsletter (105k audience) content strategy
- Reporting on key digital metric and traffic across Rouleur’s channels
- Determining and implementing strategy for Spanish and Italian digital content for Rouleur.cc, alongside Rouleur’s Spanish and Italian editorial team
- Overseeing the strategy, planning and implementation of digital content around Rouleur Live
- Manage Rouleur’s affiliate and e-commerce strategy
- Helping develop creative content and partnerships with Rouleur’s commercial partners
- Planning, commissioning and publishing video content across Rouleur’s social and video platforms
- Allocating budget for commercial and organic editorial content
- Proven, exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong communication skills and experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- A very strong understanding of SEO and key tools such as Google Analytics and Search Console
- Extensive experience with social media platforms
- Strong picture selection and editing skills to match Rouleur’s strong reputation in photography and imagery
- Experience in commissioning written, photographic and video content
- An understanding of video editing tools such as Premiere Pro
- Podcasting presenting or editing experience
- Solid contacts across the cycling sport and industry
- Photography and video production experience