The Road Book 2019 - Ned Boulting
*NOTE: Due to the size and weight of this book, there may be a delay to your order and you may be subject to additional postage charges outside of the UK
The Road Book 2019 raises the standard even further. Charting a momentous season in cycling including all three Grand Tours, the legendary Monuments, and the iconic Yorkshire held World Championships.
Launched in 2018, The Road Book is the first of its kind, supplying every single World Tour race across the men’s and women’s calendar, exclusive essays from leading figures within cycling, team profiles and more.
The Road Book has become the indispensable companion to every serious cycling fan, commentator and admirer of the sport.
- Philippe Auclair explores the effervescent character of his superstar compatriot Julian Alaphilippe
- Paul Fournel – Parisian philosopher, playwright and cycling obsessive has written a poem in which he laments his country’s continuing frustration
- Matt Rendell puts into context the deeper significance of Egan Bernal’s extraordinary victory
- Orla Chennaoui examines the unique contribution – and differing opinions – of former rivals Ina Teutenberg and Giorgia Bronzini
- Kit Nicholson charts the rise to the top of the latest Dutch star; the unstoppable Lorena Wiebes
- Richard Carapaz writes exclusively for The Road Book about his sensational Giro d’Italia win
- Philippe Gilbert relives his victory at Paris–Roubaix, from flag drop to the famous showers
- Annemiek van Vleuten offers an exclusive first-person account of how she claimed her first World Road Race Championship
- Bob Roll tells of the hurt he feels at the loss of Paul Sherwen and the heavy responsibility of commentating alongside Phil Liggett
- Michael Hutchinson picks apart in forensic detail the Amstel Gold Race, won in breathtaking fashion by Mathieu van der Poel
Design, courtesy of Conductor at Conductor.cc
*Please be aware that due the current situation with the Coronavirus, some orders are taking longer than normal to be delivered to you after they have been despatched, in particular, this is effecting standard UK, European and ROW deliveries, we appreciate your patience and understanding*
Update: 1 August 2020
CANADA DELAYS: All mail being sent from the UK to Canada is facing severe delays because of the on-going impact of COVID-19 and record volumes of traffic being received in Canada. We are processing the mail as normal in the UK, but delays are taking place once the mail reaches the Canadian border. As a result, we are unable to advise on likely delivery times.
Please note, shipping prices quotes below are for a standard order weighing less than 2kg. Orders above this will be priced accordingly.
- Express 24hr Tracked + Signed @ £8.00 Delivered within 1-2 business days via courier
- Economy Delivery @ £4.50 Delivered within 3-5 business days via Royal Mail.
Please be aware that Next Day Delivery is NOT guaranteed to the following postcodes and areas – Most of the Scottish Highlands, remote areas,also including Nearly all AB, IV, KW, LA, PA, PH Postcodes, BT, CA18 - CA27, HS1 - HS9, IM, TR21 - TR25, ZE
- European Economy @ £5.00 Delivered within 5-10 business days available on orders under £25.00
- European Tracked Orders @ £10.00 Delivered within 3-5 business days
- All Non-European Economy Orders @ £6.50 Delivered within 7-10 business days available on orders under £25.00
- All Non-European Tracked Orders @ £12.50 Delivered within 3-7 business days
CUSTOMS AND INTERNATIONAL IMPORT CHARGES
Please note that there are no import/export duties applicable on goods shipped within the European Union. All goods shipped to European Union countries already have the relevant VAT included automatically on our website.
Shipments sent outside the European Union are sold exclusive of VAT and may be subject to import duties and taxes, which may be levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any additional charges for customs clearance are payable by you, the customer. We have no control over these charges and are unable to reimburse any costs incurred regardless of the circumstances. For details of Customs charges please consult your own Customs authorities for the latest rates.
OTHER SHIPPING NOTES:
Orders placed after midday (Monday to Friday) will ship the next business day.
Please note we do not despatch orders on the weekend
All orders are sent via a courier of our choice, and we may change the couriers we use without notice, although the level of service will always be equivalent. Standard Shipments will be sent via Royal Mail and Express Orders will usually be sent via Royal Mail Tracked 24 or UK Mail. International orders will be sent via Royal Mail or DHL Express.
Some parcels may incur an additional courier fee. This maybe due to the size, weight or value of the order. If your order does incur additional courier fees we will contact you prior to dispatch to arrange to take the additional payment and enquire as to how you wish to proceed with your order
Orders placed after midday on Friday will be shipped on the following Monday. Please Note, All first orders that are going to a separate delivery address, may take longer to process. We advise that all first orders should go to your Billing or Business address!
If you are away from the delivery address our courier will put a card through your door allowing you to re-book a delivery with the courier or allow you to pick up the order from the depot or sorting office. The courier has the right to attempt a delivery to a near by neighbour, rather than redelivering the next day.
Rouleur reserves the right to charge the full shipping fee applicable to resend if the item is returned to us because the customer could not take delivery for any reason.
Courier returned items will be added back into our stock and your account credited with the order total, minus the fee the courier charges us to deliver the item back to us. You will have to replace the order to have the item re-shipped. If you require a refund on items returned by the courier this will be done minus the couriers fee.
If a customer inputs any incorrect address details on their order, which causes the parcel to be delivered incorrectly. We will not hold any responsibility for this parcel.ie, the customer will have to try and retrieve the parcel themselves at their cost.
PRODUCT DELIVERY ERRORS (UK AND INTERNATIONAL)
Delivery errors must be reported within 1 day of date of delivery. All orders, are checked and double checked before leaving our warehouse. If you are a UK customer and you have not received your order within 7 days of dispatch date, then you must notify us within these 7 days. If you notify us after these 7 days then we will not be responsible for its location, and we may not be able to claim for the parcel if it lost/stolen.
If you have received your parcel in poor condition/damaged or have items missing, you must keep all outer packaging so that the courier can collect the box for their investigation. Any damaged boxes must be signed for as ‘damaged’ at delivery. Where possible sign with the word ‘damaged + your name’ in the signature box. You may be asked to send us photos of the damaged packaging and / or product. Photographic evidence helps us ensure the issue is dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Boultings road book full of fascinating details of road races interesting stories and great pictures
When I originally bought a copy of the book, I was going to give it to my brother-in-law (a fellow fan) as a Christmas present — but I absolutely couldn't part with it. The essays are definitely the best cycling companion over the barren winter months, and it's made me really excited for the TDU in the new year. Cannot recommend it highly enough