FRENCH ALPS TRIP DETAILS
- 23 - 26th May 2024
- Duration 4 days | 3 nights
- Location - Col de la Croix de Fer, Col de Telegraph, Col du Galibier, Col d’Izoard, Col de Vars, Col de La Bonette
- Accommodation - Luxury Boutique
- Distance - 400 km | 10,000m climbing (approximate)
- Guests - 12
- Guest - James Startt - Award winning TDF photographer will be telling stories and shooting the trip. All riders will receive a beautiful hard back coffee book from the trip curated by James.
- From £2990
- Difficulty 5/5
Stage 1 Grenoble to Saint Jean de Maurienne (98km, 2740m climbing)
Today's journey takes you from Grenoble to Saint Jean de Maurienne, covering a distance of 98 kilometres with a challenging 2740 meters of climbing. The highlight of the day is undoubtedly the breath taking ascent of the Col de La Croix de Fer. As you pedal through picturesque French Alpine scenery, you'll gradually gain elevation, and the final push to the Col de La Croix de Fer is a memorable feat. This iconic climb rewards you with stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, making it a worthy achievement on your cycling adventure.
Stage 2 From Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Briançon (84.6km, 2380m climbing)
On the second day, you'll set off from Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne and make your way to Briançon. The route spans 84.6 kilometers and features a total ascent of 2380 meters. You'll conquer two significant mountain passes, the Col du Télégraphe and the Col du Galibier. These legendary climbs are beloved by cyclists and offer not only a physical challenge but also some of the most magnificent alpine vistas you can imagine. Riding through these high mountain passes is an exhilarating experience that provides a sense of accomplishment and the opportunity to connect with the grandeur of the Alps.
Stage 3: From Briançon to Jausiers (89.6km, 2570m climbing)
As you continue your cycling adventure, you'll ride from Briançon to Jausiers, covering a distance of 89.6 kilometres and climbing an impressive 2570 meters. Day 3's highlights include the ascent of the Col d'Izoard and the Col de Vars. The Col d'Izoard, with its iconic Casse Déserte landscape, is a renowned climb that offers unique geological features and a sense of cycling history. The Col de Vars provides a scenic transition as you make your way toward Jausiers, where the mountain scenery is at its finest. This leg of the journey takes you through a pristine alpine environment with serene valleys and rugged mountain passes.
Stage 4: From Jausiers to Nice (133km, 2280m climbing)
Your final day of cycling will take you from Jausiers to the vibrant city of Nice, covering a longer distance of 133 kilometres and ascending 2280 meters. The highlight of the day is the summit of the Col de la Bonette, which is the second-highest road in Europe, reaching an elevation of 2715 meters. Climbing to this impressive height offers a sense of accomplishment, and the breath-taking views from the summit are a fitting reward for your effort. The descent toward Nice provides a change of scenery, as you transition from the high mountain environment to the coastal beauty of the French Riviera.
This detailed route showcases a challenging and visually stunning journey through the French Alps, offering cyclists the opportunity to conquer some of the most iconic mountain passes in the region while revelling in the magnificent natural surroundings.
- 10% off for all 2024 trips for Rouleur Subscribers until 31st January 2024
- 5% off all 2024 trips for Rouleur Subscribers
- 3/4* hotel - night stay in a single room. We always endeavour to provide guests with a single room unless they are traveling as a couple or wish to share. In some hotels and regions it may not be possible to provide single accommodation due to hotel availability in remote regions.
- Airport transfers
- Daily breakfasts, lunch and evening dinners
- Post-ride snacks
- Full mechanical support
- Guided rides and route planning
- Vehicle support with full mechanical support and sweep.
- Baggage transfers between hotels
- Pre event training support and Q&A
- Airport transfers to and from the designated airport (within specified timings)
- Flights to and from your destination.
- Personal insurance & medical coverage.
- Spare parts or equipment for your bike – we provide the essentials such as tubes and tyres but we recommend that you bring a spare rear mech hanger with you.
- Bike hire (can be arranged)
What's Not Included:
All prices include applicable VAT and taxes. For any inquiries about the trip, please reach out to us.
£200 deposit to secure trip – (click on the signup button above)
50% (including deposit amount) 120 days before the trip.
50% Final Balance - 90 days before the trip.