The first issue of Privateer, published in October of 2010, is 146 pages of articles on some of the legends of mountain biking - as well as several contributions from the aforementioned legends. A radically different sort of mountain bike magazine, Privateer features the work of some of the best writers and photographers in the business. The photography in this issue was taken by Steve Behr, Tom Moran, Robert Rebholz, Geoff Waugh and others, with illustrations by Jon Knight.
Full list of contents:
- Mega by Jenn Hopkins
- Charlie Kelly
- The Way We Were by Tym Manley
- Types of Air by Chris Smith
- What Goes Around by Neil Ruddock
- The Lightest Show On Earth by Tym Manley
- On Winning and Losing by Steve Peat
- Mechanic by Geoff Waugh
- Fork Wars by Mike Davis
- Iconic Trails by Privateer contributors
- Bumps Per Second by Brant Richards
- Daily Riders & Garage Queens by Mike Davis
The cover photograph was taken by Seb Rogers.