The 2008 Photography Annual was published in October of 2008 and features some of the best cycling photography of the '08 road racing season in the work of nine of the best photographers in the business, as well as an introduction by Phil Liggett.
Full list of contents:
- Dengie - Camille J McMillan
- Etoile de Besseges - Gerard Brown
- De Panne - Geoff Waugh
- Paris-Nice - Taz Darling
- Ronde van Vlaanderen - Camille J McMillan
- Flanders fields - Rein van de Wouw
- Flanders - Guy Andrews
- Ronde van Vlaanderen Racing Polas - Timm Koelln
- Before Paris-Roubaix - Ben Ingham
- A day before Paris-Roubaix - Rein van de Wouw
- Paris-Roubaix - Guy Andrews
- Roubaix velodrome - Taz Darling
- The Amstel Gold Race - Gerard Brown
- Tour of Belgium - Geoff Waugh
- Giro climbs - Olaf Unverzart
- Dolomiti - Timm Koelln
- Criterium du Dauphine Libere - Gerard Brown
- British National Championships - Taz Darling
- Belgian National Championships - Rein van de Wouw
- Le Cirque - Ben Ingham
- Tour 2008 - Olaf Unverzart
- The Granite Coast - Camille J McMillan
- Tour de France - Rein van de Wouw
- Roof of the Tour - Gerard Brown
- Basques - Rein van de Wouw
- Etape du Tour - Geoff Waugh
- Tour of Ireland - Taz Darling
- Spectres - Olaf Unverzart
Reviews of the 2008 Photography Annual:
"It has a narrative that leads you deep into our great sport"
"It's a stunning collection"
"Superbly presented and perfect for the coffee table"
"The photography is both in colour and black and white and is, quite frankly, stupendous. With no intended disrespect to any of the regular monthlies or their photographic contributors who are, after all, fulfilling a different function, this is several orders of magnitude above and beyond"
"Rouleur Photography Annual 2008 is many things: a chronicle of many of the year's more interesting races; a fine art book; a labour of love; impressive, unique and expensive. Sports, culture, humanity, Nature captured on fine paper. Transcendent, and a necessity for your cycling library"
Leslie Reissner - PezCycling News
"There will never be a better year to recommend a cycling book and the one that has given me most pleasure is this album, a beautifully produced record of the European road racing scene featuring outstanding photographers whose work reveals the humanity of the riders and their followers"
Richard Williams, Chief Sports writer, the Guardian
"Quite simply, it makes you want to get on your bike and ride it"
Kevin Braddock, Contributing Editor - British GQ
Publisher: Rapha Racing Ltd.
Publication date: October 2008
304 pages / paperback